Monday, November 29, 2010

Reverence Lost

Okay, Okay! The reverence was only skin deep to begin with. But sometimes the weight of hypocrisy, and A-holeism is too much to bear, so much so it drives me to give up on pretending and pound it out on "paper."

Self helpers and other psycho babblists will tell you to commit it all to paper and then symbolically burn it to rid yourself of the bad karma.

After suffering from the weight of a duplicitous and cantakerous old straw that helped break the proverbial camels back last week, I wrote a couple of thousand words to rid myself of the demons. But, why in the hell would I do all that writing and then blow it away?

Yeah. It didn't make sense to me either.

I decided it was impossible to post what I had written on one of my other websites. It just doesn't fit. What to do?

I found years ago that writing pissed off was a great way to write opinions and editorials in my role as a writer for a local rag. Except with those, I had to go back and clean them up. Often times the combinations of good cop/bad cop I played on myself led to some pretty awesome articles.

But, instead of editing in the hopes of making something benign, I'm going 180 degrees.

I'm opting to go full out bad cop, and you're invited to join me!

I'll be posting that before mentioned article this week, and laying out some ideas for guest columnist.

Lets lose our minds together, shall we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment